May 22, 2007
8lbs. 4oz
2:18am
Finally!! He is here! I thought this day would never come. I woke up at 2:30am on May 21st to make another trip to the bathroom and when I got back to bed I felt a little pain in my lower belly. I woke up Chad. 10 minutes later... another pain! hmmm! They felt like cramps. I thought to myself... I dont remember contractions feeling this way. So I called Labor & Delivery. She said when the contractions get to 5 mintues apart to come in. OKAY!!! The wait begins! We times the contractions for an hour and they were about 9 or 10 minutes apart. So, the plan was to go back to sleep for another hour or so and see how I felt. Chad slept. I was too excited and anxious that I just laid there! I still didnt think this was the real deal!
Chad stayed home from work and its a good thing he did! I decided that I needed to walk, so we walked Brittany to school and around the neighborhood afterwards. The pains were a bit more, but nothing compared to what was to come later in the day!
So to make a long story a lot shorter. Chad timed my contractions ALL day! He was great! I packed the rest of my bag, we went to wal-mart (we figured this would be more walking for me) and we even went for ice-cream!! We picked up Brittany from school at 3:15 and by then my contrations were pretty intense. I couldnt talk through them anymore, but they were 3-8 minutes apart. Anyways, we went to the hospital at around 5pm. We took Brittany to Julia's house (what a blessing she was!!!) and off we were to have a baby!!
Chad was great! I wouldnt have gotten through it with out him. I think back and it almost brings tears to my eyes. He was right there through all the hard stuff. I got my epidural a couple hours later (the girl was stuck in surgery, so I had to wait! NOT FUN!) and OH WOW!! It was wonderful! I dont know how women go through that with out it! I couldnt! OUCH!
Brittany made it for the arrival of Jacob, thanks to Julia. She brought her to the hospital at 1:30am! My mom and Chad's mom were both in the room too! Through all the waiting and discomfort... contractions and pain.... and even the after effects of having a baby... Jacob is SOO worth all of it and so much more. I am in love with this little boy and he has a great family that is going to take such good care of him!





2 comments:
Ok, you made me cry. I am so happy for you guys. He is such a little cutie.. Only 5 more weeks for me to get my 1st greatgrand daughter.. Just can't wait.... They say for everyone that leaves us a new one is born.. I guess it is taking one than one to replace Granny. We have all these new babies in the family and still about 3 more to arrive soon. Take care. Love Aunt Pinky
Yay! He is so adorable & you look awesome! You guys are such a blessing to us as well.
Post a Comment